Empowering Students for Success - in school, at home, and in the community.
CIRCLE Academy is here to serve your students, their families, and you. Building a strong, collaborative partnership with family member’s help to get students back to their home school in a more expedient manner.
Beginning with admission, our program model engages youth and families to determine what it will take for a student to enter back into the public school setting. Our model is designed to identify the individual needs and strengths of each student. Our staff then works to build on those strengths. We continue to identify ways to better incorporate academic/curriculum foundations, and address internal and/or external behaviors inhibiting the student from being successful in a public school setting.
CIRCLE offers our students:
- Individualized Special Education Programming
- Small class sizes (average 2:7 ratio)
- Individual and Group Therapeutic Counseling
- Therapeutic Behavior Intervention Programming
- Vocational Training Opportunities
Specialized Programs Offered
Bridge to Independence Program:
- Serving students ages 18-21
- Bridge students are given individualized opportunities to earn the credits for graduation
- Youth are challenged with practical and relevant life/social skills activities
- Students are expected to obtain and maintain employment
- Participation in vocational training opportunities is required
- “Bridge Entrepreneurial Projects” provide an additional opportunities
K - 12 students:
- Classrooms are highly structured and predictable
- Differentiated instruction and formative assessments are used
- Students are challenged with high- interest materials and encouraged to demonstrate acquisition of knowledge/skills through creative and traditional modalities
- 50-60% of student population receives vocational services
- Services include career exploration, resume development, skills training, and hands-on work experiences
- CIRCLE funding is augmented through Workforce Investment Act (WIA) grants and United Way of Champaign County
CIRCLE Academy… Empowering Students for Success in School, at Home, and in the Community.