To provide a safe and nurturing environment for children.
Enjoy the pages of Cunningham Children Home’s Story Celebrating 125 Years:
In 1895, Judge Joseph and Mary Cunningham deeded their home and 15 acres to the Women of the Methodist Episcopal Church, now the United Methodist Women. Their country home was given with the understanding that it would provide a safe and nurturing environment for children in need. At the time Judge Cunningham wrote in his personal journal: “May God’s blessing go with this gift, and may it be the means of doing much good.”
In the beginning, and for many years to follow, Cunningham served as a safe and stable home for children who had lost their parents or whose parents could not care for them. But as needs of children changed with time, Cunningham broadened its mission to serve the needs of children with emotional, behavioral, and special educational needs. Through comprehensive services including residential treatment, special education and community based services, Cunningham transforms lives by helping youth and families reach their potential.
The programs at Cunningham Children's Home are open to any individual or family regardless of their religious beliefs. Read more about our Spiritual Services and Cunningham's affiliation with the United Women in Faith.
Please help us stay in touch with our alumni: Cunningham Alumni Questionnaire