Cunningham Children's Home is a mission and ministry of the United Women in Faith of the Illinois Great Rivers Conference.
Throughout the history of Cunningham Children’s Home the spiritual nurturing of children and youth has been an integral part of our provision of care. Chaplain Anne Fuquay, our United Methodist Chaplain, is available to the youth, and their families, in our residential treatment program and provides support during times of crisis as well as leadership during times of community celebration. Participation in spiritual services is optional, and services are tailored to the unique needs of individual clients.
Spiritual services can include individual pastoral counseling, group story time, Bible study, staff devotions, memorials and community celebrations. In consultation with clients and their treatment team, Chaplain Anne also assists young people in accessing religious communities and support networks in the local community.
Spiritual Life Programming:
- Guest speakers and musicians offer a variety of faith expressions and perspectives.
- Chapel Leadership Team helps spiritually maturing youth to develop leadership skills and deepen their faith experience.
- Chapel Choirs for boys and girls allow them to learn new songs and lead worship and praise music.
- Praise Dancers add to the Chapel experience with their interpretation of songs of faith.
- Holy Communion is offered monthly.
Spiritual Life Groups: Weekly Bible Studies offer a relaxed time for questions, answers and prayer.
- Walk Through Bethlehem allows youth to imagine the first Christmas.
- Christmas Celebration involves youth telling the birth story of Jesus.
- Christmas Eve Service a candlelight service for youth remaining on campus.
- Vacation Bible School during summer school break
- Easter Sunday Service to celebrate the resurrection of Christ
- Conversation Partners matches youth with trained and supervised volunteers as they engage in nine weeks of conversations about important values.
- For my new dad to love and care about me
- Help me get along with others
- Help my mother to find her way back to her family
- To be reunited with my family
- That my anger will not get out of control
- I have so many worries that I can't even name
- That everyone will do well through tough times
Please also print our Prayer-A-Day Calendar.